Ergomotion has been manufacturing and supplying electric height adjustable standing desks for over 9 years. We have seen a huge increase in popularity of these standing desks due to a lot of research coming out showing the health risks associated with sitting for long periods of time. Our standing desks are electrically operated allowing the user to sit and stand throughout the day. There is a misconception that a standing desk will negate all the risks associated with sitting but the fact is that there are risks associated with standing for long periods of time as well. The main risk is the sedentary behavior, whether we are sitting or standing. The electric height adjustable standing desk is therefore not only used for standing, but also adjusted easily for sitting as well. The ideal work environment is to be able to adjust between sitting and standing throughout the day.
The electric height adjustable standing desk has been designed for anyone that sits at their desk for most of the day. Being electric it is easy to adjust for both sitting and standing. There are many different models of the electric standing desks that we have developed to suit all people, work environments and work tasks.
There has been a lot of publicity lately bringing to the attention the health risks of sedentary behavior in the work place. In the beginning these desks we popular for people that had injuries that were exacerbated by sitting but now we have found people more proactive about their health and purchasing these desks before an injury occurs.
Standing Desks Pros
- Increased blood circulation
- Less pressure on the spine
- Easier to move on the spot while standing
- Reduced levels of blood glucose, insulin and blood fat
- Reduced chance of heart disease
- Feel healthier and more alert
- Increased productivity
- Reduce the risk of Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
Standing Desks Cons
- Sore feet
- Varicose veins
- Tired back and legs
- More tiring in general
Height Adjustable Desk
The optimal working posture is to be able to adjust from sitting to standing throughout the day. You don’t want to sit for too long and you don’t want to stand for too long. It is the sedentary behaviour that is the risk. It doesn’t matter whether that sedentary behaviour is done sitting or standing.
There are different types of height adjustable standing desks on the market.
- A technician height adjustable desk has a system where the height of each leg needs to be adjusted individually, usually in steps of 100mm. This is a cumbersome operation and usually requires at least 2 people to adjust the desk. If the desk is adjusted it is usually done to a sitting position and then never gets adjusted again.
- A winder adjustable standing desk has a winder arm at the front of the desk that you wind the desk up and down with. This is also a cumbersome adjustment as the winder needs to be turned continuously to get the desk from a full sitting to a standing height. This desk also usually gets set at a sitting position and then never gets adjusted again.
- An electric height adjustable standing desk is the ideal solution. It is the only type of height adjustable desk that will allow you to easily adjust your desk between sitting and standing throughout the day.
- If the desk is not easy to adjust it will not get used.